Raymond Rigoglioso created Gay Men of Wisdom as a project in 2012. It has since grown into a national nonprofit organization. Here are some milestones in the organization's history:
- Facilitated a 10-session, year-long discussion group (2012-2013) at New York City's LGBT Community Center. Ran four-session discussion group at Triangle Community Center, Norwalk, Connecticut.
- From 2013-2014, ran a 15-session online discussion group by videoconference, bringing men from across the United States and Canada into the conversation.
- Facilitated three weekend intensives at Easton Mountain.
- Gave workshops at the 2013 Rowe Labor Day Retreat, Living Soulfully chapters in the northeast, and elsewhere.
- In 2015, published Gay Men and The New Way Forward.
- Conducted a 16-city national book tour that attracted more than 340 people.
- Created and ran two cycles of Powerful U, which later became Living Out Your Gifts.
- Created and offered Celebrating Gay Manhood twice at Easton Mountain and in Seattle.
- Gave talk, "Gay Marriage and the Expansion of Human Consciousness" at the inaugural TEDx Upper West Side event, April 27, 2016.
- Incorporated Gay Men of Wisdom as a Provincetown, Massachusetts-based nonprofit.
- Launched chapters in Provincetown, Seattle, and Orlando
- Gave keynote talk for Texas A&M Pride Week
- Created chapter structure with multiple monthly events in each city
- Presented at Gay Life After 40 conference in Chicago
- Gave Celebrating Gay Manhood for a fourth time
- Began training 9 facilitators to launch chapters in Asheville, NC, Austin, TX, Cleveland, OH, Fort Lauderdale, FL, and Indianapolis, IN
- Hosted programs and book readings in Tampa and Fort Lauderdale, FL, Austin, TX, and Ithaca, NY
- Launched 5-month Living Out Your Gifts groups online and in Indianapolis
- Hosted Celebrating Gay Manhood at new venue: Frog Meadow
- Began work on facilitator training to replicate Living Out Your Gifts
All contents copyright © 2019 Raymond L. Rigoglioso.
The Gay Men of Wisdom Blog
Raymond L. Rigoglioso